Feb 17, 2010

7th Place - Moose Knuckleballs

Yep...there they are.  If a picture is a 1000 words, and this one describes Jason's team, 999 of them would be variations of the word gross.  The MKs treated this league like the back of a taxi cab after eight Jack & Diets and a SuperSized Bean & Cheese.  As pointed out by the reigning champion Travis "The Loudspeaker" Devlin, this fart of a team got a jump start on its horrible season when the manager conducted an abortion in the 5th round and drafted Francisco Liriano.  That's not a typo: F-I-F-T-H (ebonic equaivalent: F-I-F).  I was compelled to fart right there on the spot.  In fact, I propose that from now on, in honor of this legendary gaff, whenever you want to draft Liriano don't say his name...just make a farting sound with your mouth.  We'll know what you mean.

Because nobody would believe me if I told you he complemented the 5th round Liriano pick with David Price as a rookie keeper, I have cut&pasted the pitching staff of the MKs below.  This team didn't stand a chance.  I'm pretty sure it was worse too.  On the last day he just sorted the available players by ERA and picked up a couple in attempt to reduce the smell of this heap-o-shit.

Pitching
David Aardsma (Sea - RP) 71.1 3 6 0 0 38 20 34 80 2.52 1.16
Neftali Feliz (Tex - SP,RP) 31.0 1 0 0 0 2 6 8 39 1.74 0.68
Yovani Gallardo (Mil - SP) 185.2 13 12 1 0 0 77 94 204 3.73 1.31
Francisco Liriano (Min - SP,RP) 136.2 5 13 0 0 0 88 65 122 5.80 1.55
Rick Porcello (Det - SP,RP) 170.2 14 9 0 0 0 75 52 89 3.96 1.34
David Price (TB - SP) 128.1 10 7 0 0 0 63 54 102 4.42 1.35
Ervin Santana (LAA - SP) 139.2 8 8 2 2 0 78 47 107 5.03 1.47
Rafael Soriano (TB - RP) 75.2 1 6 0 0 27 25 27 102 2.97 1.06

Now many of you will doubtlessly tell me "but JR, he traded away Carp and Wainwright".  Exactly.  Traded away potential keepers for draft picks that he will, guaranteed, treat like a man's butthole and totally screw it.  This manager should throw away the baseball magazines this year and just throw darts at wall for his picks.  Couldn't do much worse.

Well, he could have Tom's team.

Looking forward (because you certainly don't want to look back on this thing), Howard somehow manages to hit a respectable .279 to make his 45 HRs and 141 RBIs really pop, more frimly establishing him as a perennial keeper.  Mark Reynolds will likely join the squad this year to make Jason a front runner for HRs.  Of course this comes along with a nice big, straight, numero uno in the K column.  After the Gorilla and Reynolds it's a toss-up between future stars or yesteryear's supermodels of Hamilton and Reyes.  There's potential here in the batting lineup but he'll be forced to draft a great pitching squad and try to keep that sqaud this time.

3 comments:

  1. Jesus Christ JR! After this picture, and the picture of Magnum P.I., I'm pretty sure you found a collection of moose knuckle pictures. I will make sure to clear your search history if you die. Promise.

    Got to agree though, the pitching staff hurt Solo this year. As did Reyes going down, Hamilton disappearing, and trading away the farm, including the panda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the Backyard Brawler fails to mention is that I drafted Carpenter in the 19th round and trade him to this poster for a 7th round pick. Cha-ching! Aside from Ichiro, I received an upgrade in draft picks based on the location in the draft I traded the rest of my bait. For some reason no one wanted Liriano.........I assume because they would have had to offer a 3rd round or better. Last year was a rebuilding year after a strong 2nd place finish the year prior. In closing, cover your buttholes, because here I come.

    Carlos Spicy Wiener.........over and out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS: I think I traded you Michael Young for a draft pick. LMFAO!!!!!!! FACE!

    Carlos Spicy Wiener......over and out!

    ReplyDelete