Feb 10, 2010

We've Got a Player Down

So Tim just called and said he's out for baseball. Too much time, too much money, yada yada. He's got 2 other leagues that he was in before so I guess he gets some slack. So there will be a combining of the 2 last place teams into 1 pot. The 2 new managers will be able to choose the 3 players they want to keep from those players. We're gonna have to come up with a method to determine who chooses first. Ideas?

17 comments:

  1. I spoke with Reade and he will let me know by Friday, otherwise I think Victor is the other option unless someone comes up with something better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If there is no 1oth team, I get to choose if i can steal some of that teams keepers as I took over a terrible team

    probably not going to happen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pie eating contest?

    ......and Fish you took over a 'bad' team, YOU made it terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. bullshit!!! completely and utter bullshit!! Baseball is a shit game thats all

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still say that the abandoned teams should be dissolved and all the players thrown back in the pond. New managers should pick new teams.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's exactly what we're doing. The players go into a pool and the two new managers pick from this pool for their keepers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooooooo..........I was doing a little research and reviewing the herd of picks I acquired last year when I noticed that Tim and Tyler made a trade where Tim received Tyler's 8th round pick. I don't remember what the trade entailed, but we have a problem.

    Problem: If Tim isn't playing and his team is being dissolved, which new member, if any, gets that pick???

    Yes Tyler, you still lose that 8th round selection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jason, it's good that you answered Tyler's question before he asked it. I'm not sure it was important enough for him to risk actually commenting or posting a question on here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If we are looking to be fair and balanced to the new guy. Jason should get a pick in between the 8th and 9th rounds like a compensatory pick in the draft, lose his 20th, and the new guy gets to keep all of his picks.

    Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nevermind.... that makes no sense... I don't even know what I was reading or thinking.... DING DANG DOING!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Coin flip...whoever gets first pick gets Hanley, easily the best player available between the 2 teams. Whoever gets second pick gets Tyler's 8th rounder. That's about as "fair" as it can be made if we are doing the combined keepers for those 2 teams without getting all quantum on it. Or we just flip for teams.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I thought I was only allowed to draft Padres and A's players with my first picks, this revelation will be nice. Who is Hanley Ramirez? Is he as good as Walt Weiss was back in the 80's....
    I better get Hanley, I have a feeling my team is going to need him :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Listen JJ ... you don't know me, but I'm willing to help a new guy out ... I don't usually do this, but if you want to make a trade, I open to suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Guys, just talked to Victor and he doesn't want to play fantasy baseball, he says it's too hard. (Pussy) He does however want to get drunk and snoar somewhere soon, so....who's the 10th?

    ReplyDelete
  15. We have a 10th: Ari, the goalie from soccer. Let's get the details sorted out.

    ReplyDelete