Feb 8, 2010

Commissioner's Note #1

What's happening fantasy hopefuls!! Another season is approaching shortly, and the manager roster is nearly filled out. I'd like to extend a welcome shout out to JJ Sclar! Thanks for jumping in this season dude.

Just to give you a little glimpse of the talent level in this league, the trophy lineup currently reads like this:
2003: Cale Beck
2004: Andy Lynch (league casualty)
2005: Travis Devlin
2006: JR Johnson
2007: Cale Beck
2008: Travis Devlin
2009: Travis Devlin

As you can see, we can use a little more diversity on this thing. Hopefully you can put up a better fight than the rest of the league "veterans." But remember to bring your money anyways.

Online rumor mill is spouting something about the 2010 league page being available tomorrow, February 9. So if you haven't started thinking about this season's team name, get on it. The draft will be online for the first time this year. I'm gonna call out Thursday, March 18 at 6PM for draft time. That probably won't work for everybody, so if you have other suggestions let's hear 'em. And you better come with a good excuse. A Grey's Anatomy conflict will get no love. I'll give everyone the address to send in buy-in money when I figure out the new address.

Finally, I'd like to give a shout out to JR Johnson and his techno-savvy for setting up this blog. Awesome.

Commish

5 comments:

  1. Wait...I only see one name on there 3 times!! HAHAHAHAHA.

    PS. Fuck Diversity, JJ just throw your C-Note in like the rest of these suckers...

    too early?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it too early?...

    I think there's two things to celebrate the day Yahoo opens up the 2010 Fantasy season. The first is of course, the best 6 months of fantasy sports. The second thing to celebrate is Open Season on all Travis J Devlins. For the love of God you fuck-tards, stop helping him win! Each year I hear the same thing..."got good draft picks"...well what have any of you done with them???! Until this league stops shoving these picks up their noses like a bunch of etrade babies with legos, I'm calling for a moratorium on trading with this guy. Everyone pick a sponsor, and the next time you see a trade offer from tjdevlin2000@yahoo.com come in, stop, take a breath, and call your sponsor.

    Let's try to put together a competitive run for first place gentlemen. The same 7 people throw away their money every year, aren't you guys getting tired of it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Techno-savvy??? What is he, an underground Russian DJ? Trav, do you want to be my sponsor?

    ReplyDelete
  4. He might not actually be an underground Russian DJ, but he has worn the uniform.

    ReplyDelete